PE Key Stage 1 overview
Students will develop fundamental movement skills, becoming increasingly confident and competent. They will engage in a wide variety of curriculum areas which are planned to ensure continuous progress. Tasks are differentiated to provide appropriate support and challenge for all our learners.
Students will be taught to:
- master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching. Develop flexibility, balance, agility, co-ordination, reaction time, speed and strength.
- participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending.
- perform dances using simple movement patterns and principles of choreography.
- Analyse their own and others performances using simple terms.
- Recognise how their bodies react to exercise.
Curriculum Areas Experienced:
|Autumn Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|
|Health Related Fitness||Gymnastics||Outdoor & Adventurous Activities|